A microcurrent facial is often referred to as a “natural” facelift. “This safe and painless facial helps erase fine lines and wrinkles, while firming your skin and defining your features. It improves muscle tone, reduces puffiness, increases cellular activity, and tightens pores. The overall result is a healthier and younger looking skin, no matter your age.”
Microcurrent technology has been around since the 1800’s as a treatment for damaged tissues and muscles. But when a physician of a Bell’s palsy patient noticed that the face of his patients appeared much smoother and younger looking after receiving microcurrent therapy, one of the world’s first high-tech aesthetic treatments was born.
A microcurrent facial emits extremely low-voltage electrical currents (hence ‘micro’ current), which mirror your own body’s electrical currents, on a cellular level to repair damaged skin and stimulate collagen and elastin production. The intensity is so slight that it would take one million microcurrent machines to light a 40-watt light bulb. This treatment is often referred to as “facial toning” because it’s like a workout for your face, whereby skin cells are broken down and then grow back stronger, the same way your muscles do after lifting weights. “It works simultaneously to repair a product collagen in the dermis, the deepest layer of your skin, while gently erasing signs of aging in the epidermis, the top layer of your skin. According to studies, a microcurrent facial can increase collagen production up to 14%, elastin increases 48% and blood circulation goes up 38%.
1. Look younger. You can see a 5-7 year reduction in facial aging after just one treatment. A series of microcurrent facials can take 15-20 years off your appearance, with no risks or side effects, and with those results being long lasting.
2. Look more beautiful. Microcurrent will:
- Improve skin quality (greater tone, smoother texture, healthier glow)
- Lift jowls and eyebrows
- Exfoliate skin
- Treat sun damage
- Reduce wrinkles and eliminate fine lines
- Reduce dark circles and eye bags
- Decrease low-grade inflammation
- Help treat acne and rosacea
- Promote lymphatic drainage
- Increase skin care product penetration
- Preventative measure against Botox, fillers and face lifts
3. It’s backed by science. It has been used by alternative medicine practitioners and physicians for over a century to treat an array of injuries, wounds, soft tissue damage and bone fractures. Scientists have found that microcurrent treatments trigger the body’s production of amino acids and adenosine triphosphste (ATP), which accelerate cell repair and promote healthier cell production, making it a highly-healing, restorative and regenerative treatment.
4. It’s fitness for your face. Microcurrent facials are considered a form of muscular re-education for the face. Thirty two different facial muscles are manipulated during a microcurrent facial. To perform the muscular re-education, probes are placed on the skin and used to physically move the muscles into the desired position. The treatment affords the muscles the necessary energy to keep tension in their new improved position. The high frequency electrical signals reach deep into the facial muscles and surrounding tissues to promote circulation, collagen production, cellular repair and regeneration.
5. It’s BFFs with Botox. If you already get botox or fillers, microcurrent is the perfect complement. Fillers give a quick and effective “plumping” effect, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, they do nothing for muscle contour or natural collagen or elastin production- all of which are needed to maintain the face’s natural fullness and youthfulness. Over time, Botox actually causes atrophy to the facial muscles. Regular microcurrent treatments help keep those muscles alive. Microcurrent is also a great choice for anyone looking to wean themselves off of Botox and fillers.